Work has begun on the Video Conference Playground at ISTE 2011. Last year, I led a band of pirates as we shared our passion for video conferencing with others in Denver. Here are some of the pictures from last summer.
This year, in Philly, the playground will be even bigger with more connections and equipment for you to learn about in a fun, hands-on environment.
We are looking for more people to help us create an exceptional learning experience for attendees who want to learn more about the power of video conferencing in the curriculum.
Want to Be a Pirate?
- Be a remote site. We will need people to video conference with on Wednesday, June 29 from 9:00-1:00 PM EASTERN time. We are looking for content providers and educators who are doing classroom-to-classroom collaborations. Submit your information here. We will fit in as many different providers and collaborations as we can!
- Help us onsite in Philadelphia. We need pirate guides at the playground and help with the IVC Showcases. Submit your contact information here.
Want to Learn About Video Conferencing
- Support Video Conferencing at ISTE by attending these sessions if you are onsite in Philadelphia. Janine made a great list of all of them on her blog.
- If you are interested in in depth learning, join Janine or me in our workshops on Sunday. These are both full day sessions to give adequate time for hands-on and questions.
- Workshop: 8:30-3:30 Creating Environmental Literacy with Technology and Learning Communities by Roxanne Glaser of Whirlidurb and Christina and Rich Hum from Kigluait. This workshop focuses on how to use the technology in a meaningful way with project-based learning.
- Workshop: 8:30-3:30 Building Digital Age Communication and Collaboration Skills with Videoconferencing by Janine Lim.
The playground is sponsored by the SIGIVC group. IVC stands for interactive video conferencing.